Some evenings we both work late and we need a quick dinner. “Fast food” is no longer an option since the doctor has mandated weight loss and restricted carbs. But we can do “Quick & Healthy” with a short stop at the grocery store!
Tonight’s entree was Chicken Raspberry Salad. It was less than ten minutes from grocery bag to table. It was healthy and delicious. Here’s the easy recipe:
- Roasted Chicken Breast, 4 ounces (Sliced and cut in strips)
- Half Baby Spinach & Half Spring Mix, 2 ounces
- Fresh Raspberries, ½ cup
- Sliced Almonds, ⅛ cup
- Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette, 2 Tablespoons
- Shredded Parmesan, 1 Tablespoon
- Layer the salad as follows: salad greens, chicken, raspberries, sliced almonds, vinaigrette, and cheese. Enjoy!
- May be served with garlic toast if you like.
Next time you need a quick meal, skip the “fast food” and stop at your local grocer. Shop the perimeter of the store for food that is fresh and healthy.
What’s your favorite quick meal to fix when you get home late? Is it a healthy choice or can it be adapted to become a healthy choice? I’d love for you to share.
Enjoying dinner and sharing my heart 4 home,